Search This Blog

Saturday, May 13, 2023

FB: Dim Sum Disaster

I consider myself extremely blessed. And among those blessing are my island home of Hawaii and my heritage. Hawaiian, Chinese & Japanese blood runs strong in my veins, especially when it comes to the amazing foods of each culture I have been lucky enough to have been raised eating. So coming to live in Penang, Malaysia (one of the top ten foodie locations in the WORLD) is an incredible eating opportunity and takes me into the past full of wonderful memories of sitting at a table with family now passed on. Here in Penang we find amazing authentic cultural foods from many lands, and we revel in the partaking of such heavenly treats daily. So this evening I desired a food I grew up eating, DIM SUM, one of my favorite foods anywhere. So many varieties! So many flavors! So delicate and simple yet complex in form and texture! And I looked forward to every delicious bite to let memories wash over me of loved ones from days long past. With this in mind I instructed my son, Riot, to fill our table tonight with DIM SUM. Knowing his love of our heritage is STRONG, and his desire to become close to our ancestral past is one of his great goals in life, I knew he would select an amazing assortment of delicacies. At long last our take out arrived, and I could hardly contain my excitement, knowing it would be amazing! And then this was placed before me... I know my Chinese grandfather will be haunting us tonight. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

FB: Singapore!

  Singapore! We visited between Christmas and New Years Day. This is a little late but here we go! 😁 FYI, Singapore sits at the bottom ...